Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Phone remote, new WiFi connections

I need help please!!!! 

I have a Roku regular hdmi connected to my tv. I just moved. I lost my remote and I use my phone as a remote. I now have new WiFi, and I am trying to get my phone to connect to my express so I can add the WiFi to my Roku device. How can I do that??? When I searched for devices, it was not present because I’m not connected to the same WiFi. #help #InternetConnection #PhoneRemote 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Phone remote, new WiFi connections

Unless you have done a factory reset on your Roku it is still looking for your prior network name (SSID) and password.  If you can change your router's settings to use your prior SSID and password, your Roku should be able to connect.  Configure your phone likewise  should enable the Roku app on your phone to again function as a remote.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos