Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

PS Vue fails to connect

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I've suddenly started getting "failed to connect" errors when trying to start PS Vue on my Roku.

The Roku itself connects fine to my wireless (shows the correct time in the upper corner as usual), and Netflix and other apps start just fine, so it's not a network issue.  I select Vue.  The Vue screen shows for a couple seconds, then the status bar for a couple more seconds, and then the connection error telling me to try again.  Multiple attempts refuse to open the app.  I tried updating the Roku to latest firmware, to no avail either.

I haven't seen other postings with this type of connection problem, so decided to report and see if anyone has any suggestions.

Ken

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: PS Vue fails to connect

Jump to solution

Actually there was another report of this recently, and it's been announced that Sony is discontinuing the PS Vue service in the near future. I believe the date was in January, but it's possible that if they are having issues they may just let the service die.

Since everything else appears to be working on your Roku, it's likely the problem is on the PS Vue server side. You would need to contact Sony about that. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

Actually there was another report of this recently, and it's been announced that Sony is discontinuing the PS Vue service in the near future. I believe the date was in January, but it's possible that if they are having issues they may just let the service die.

Since everything else appears to be working on your Roku, it's likely the problem is on the PS Vue server side. You would need to contact Sony about that. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Holy cow, I completely missed that announcement in my searching!!  (didn't show up when searching for "Vue can't connect on Roku").  I guess everyone else will have the same problem as me on Jan 30.

Thanks,

Ken

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I started having the same problem last week.  Other apps are fine.  The connection check says my wireless and internet are fine.  But still no PS Vue.  Given Sony's announcement that they are discontinuing PS Vue in 90 days, I'm not sure how much interest there is at either Roku or Sony to address the issue, but I've paid for my PS Vue subscription through Nov. 25th and think it's reasonable that I should be able to play PS Vue on my TV through that date.  Right now I'm streaming PS Vue to my MacBook, but my computer buffers constantly, so that's less than ideal.  Any solutions or suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I can't really suggest anything, other than calling or writing Sony and complaining.  But as you said, I question how dedicated they would be to fixing it.

As for me, I'm going to see about Hulu + Live TV as an alternative.  They offer a free week-long trial, and I just ordered a Fire Stick 4K for it, since neither Hulu nor YouTube TV (another option I was considering) seem to offer their TV channel streams on Playstation consoles.  If everything looks good, I'll drop my Vue subscription and request a refund for the weeks I already paid for.

Ken

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

I haven't had any "Failed to Connect" problems yet but I do seem to get a lot of recordings that aren't showing up in the last week.

0 Kudos