Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TikPandora
Level 7

Onn Roku TV Not Automatically Connecting

I purchased a 42" Onn 1080p Roku TV at Walmart a few weeks ago for $88 as part of their Holiday Deals. If it wouldn't have been so limited I would have already exchanged the TV for a different unit.

My problems with this TV started at setup. I had to factory reset the TV to get it to give me a code to activate it with my account, and then it restarted itself out of nowhere while trying to set it up prompting me to have to set everything up for a third time. But now that setup is over, I haven't experienced any more problems like this. No reboots or any other strange things...except for one.

The TV doesn't immediately connect to my WiFi upon powering it on. For it to connect I either have to launch an app or go into settings and tell it to connect. There are never any problems with it actually connecting, but the fact that it doesn't do it immediately is both worrisome and annoying. Does anyone have any tips or tricks I could try in regards to this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: Onn Roku TV Not Automatically Connecting

Does this set have a "fast startup" or similarly named option? Make sure this is turned on.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
TikPandora
Level 7

Re: Onn Roku TV Not Automatically Connecting

It does have that feature but it was off. Let me try turning it on to see if things change.

0 Kudos