Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
saints55
Level 7

Re: Roku won’t connect to iPhone XR hotspot

Jump to solution

WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

We are continuing to work on this issue, and hope to have further resolution soon. Please stay tuned for a future update as we have more information available. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution
Is there an update for this issue? Thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tiaqueen2
Level 7

Jump to solution
This worked for me & my IPhone 6!! Thank you!! 👍👍
Edit-Seems like each Day I have to unplug TV for a minute, then connect with the Private connection. It’s a pain, but is working.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

Jump to solution

I have two iPhone XR phones, my personal and my work phone. I can connect my Roku players to both of them. The phones both have their default Apple created passwords, and both phones are named "Dan's iPhone". I have no issues at all. I suggest that people try changing the Hotspot password as a first test, then renaming the phone as a second. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Irene83
Level 8

Jump to solution
People keep saying it’s iPhone X it’s not just iPhone X. I have a iPhone 8 Plus and it use to work fine was connected for weeks at a time. Now it won’t connect at all. I lost my remote so I can’t take my roku anywhere and get it to work other then at home on the WiFi. To replace the new remote is the same price as buying a new **bleep** Roku. it won’t connect to my hotspot anymore. Like so done said it’s useless if it can’t connect to a hotspot I travel a lot and go to my boyfriends and he only uses hotspots. Roku clearly is not working on this at all when I call in and ask they say there’s nothing they can do about it. Thinking of switching to another streaming device cause this is bull.....
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution
Reset network settings
Highlighted
Irene83
Level 8

Jump to solution
Thank you simple enough and it worked. Factory settings
0 Kudos