Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cniggeler
Level 7

Re: Roku won’t connect to iPhone XR hotspot

Jump to solution
I also have this problem, but with an Android (Note 3). So it seems it's not limited to iPhone. I tried adding my Roku's MAC address to the Allowed Devices menu on the phone's Hotspot app, but did not help.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

Jump to solution
I have a 3 day old iPhone XR, running iOS 12.4. The phone's name has an apostrophe in it, and the password is all lower case letters. I connected my Sharp Roku TV (OS 9.1.0) to its hotspot without an issue. I don't know if it's the latest iOS update that resolved things, or a Roku update. But I had no issues connecting. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Sd04
Level 7

Jump to solution
I can’t get my roku tv to connect to my personal hotspot. I have gotten it to work before and it worked for about 2 months and then it wouldn’t connect anymore
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Maconomy
Level 7

Jump to solution
Tanner, are you still employed? Why isn’t this fixed yet? Got my brand new Roku yesterday and connected flawlessly to my hotspot on IPhone 7+

Went out for the day and came back home and tried to connect back to iPhone Hotspot... starts to connect and then disconnects every time. Wang is the deal with the 1 and done?

-Jeff
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Maconomy
Level 7

Jump to solution
Hi Tanner

Here’s the fix that I’ve tried a few times and it works... but of course you’ve got a problem that needs a fixing. Go into settings / system / advanced / network connection reset. Roku restarts and forgets your hotspot and I’m guessing thus is clearing some settings that were previously stored that causes it not to connect. Not a solution but it’ll get you by. This should be a simple fix for ROKU to make.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution
Hi everyone, 

Thanks for the continued notes. Rest assured the team is aware of the issue, and has been working on a resolution. As soon as an update is available that will address the issue on affected devices, I'll be sure to let everyone know. 

We appreciate everyone continuing to keep us posted. Please stay tuned! 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
cborgstrom
Level 7

Jump to solution
Is there a fix for this issue yet? I have been unable to use my system for over a month.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

Jump to solution
"cborgstrom" wrote:
Is there a fix for this issue yet? I have been unable to use my system for over a month.

Hard to say. I can connect to my Xr hotspot without a problem. But others say they can't. I just got my Xr about a month ago, so perhaps Apple has updated something. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Jab1965
Level 7

Jump to solution
So it’s 16th of September 2019. My Roku connects superbly with my home WiFi, but I am still unable to connect my Roku to my iPhone 7 ! I have not updated anything ! My Roku and my iPhone, and my husband have worked lovely together until this weekend just gone. Our phone hotspots work great with everything else I’ve tried, purely for elimination, but Roku will just not play ! Please will Roku fix this
0 Kudos
Highlighted
dltaylor
Level 7

Jump to solution
So I have an android phone but can't seem to find a thread for it. I've used the mobile hotspot on it to run my Roku Express for a couple months, all I've used since I got it, and not had any problems. A bit slow when we've had storms coming through but that's to be expected. As of 2 days ago it won't connect to the internet with the hotspot at all. I've tried changing my bandwidth to 5 GHz, again always worked fine at 2.4 GHz, and my Roku doesn't even find it when it's set up that way. Please tell me there's a fix for this.
0 Kudos