Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Roku won’t connect to iPhone XR hotspot

Jump to solution
I am having same issues connecting my Roku to my iPhone 8 personal hotspot. My boyfriends android connects just fine. It was working a few months ago, but now it sees my connection but it will not connect. Need answers please...We live in the country and the hotspot is our best friend. Thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution
Thanks for continuing to share the experiences here. We've passed your reports along to our team who are looking into the issue. In the meantime, we recommend trying to restart both your Roku device, mobile phone, and/or your wireless router and continue to try to connect. This may not resolve the issue in all cases, but we have heard some customers report success after continuing to try and connect. 

Thanks again!
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Kat388
Level 7

Jump to solution
Having issues as well with connecting my tv to my iPhone XS hot spot it connected for a few days and now it recognizes the WiFi and connects but won’t let me stream Netflix or any other
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Speach23
Level 7

Jump to solution
I am having this same issue. Has anyone figured out how to get it to work?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
GusReyes32
Level 7

Jump to solution
I am having the same issue with my iPhone XS Max. I have tried restarting both my iPhone and Roku and still doesn’t work.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rcrider
Level 7

Jump to solution
I have an IPhone XS and am having this issue as well. Any updates on fixes?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
492vs
Level 7

Jump to solution
Having same problem with iphone x . Won't recognize hotspot. My android works, no problems. I think Apple is blocking me from using my iphone until I get an Appletv. Like thats going to happen.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xxxmike86
Level 7

Jump to solution
IVE FOUND THE FIX FOR THIS!!!!

I changed the name of my iPhone in settings/general/about
Then changed the password to something without symbols and it connected straight away.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
nopropslaw
Level 7

Jump to solution
The above technique did not resolve any issue. My iPhone hotspot still will not get picked up by my roku. Will their be an update to fix this?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
johnadowney
Level 7

Jump to solution
I have also tried the above issue and still no luck.

I have 3 Roku devices and 2 iPhones. They are all experiencing the same connectivity issue.
I see the iPhone trying to connect then I get X and error code 14.40.

It has been working fine for months.
0 Kudos