Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lkb727
Level 8

Re: Roku won’t connect to iPhone XR hotspot

Jump to solution
Thanks @RokuTannerD. The update to the Roku and changing my password to lowercase and numbers only seem to work. If I have further issues I’ll let you know!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
romstead
Level 7

Jump to solution

This worked for me but it is does not work every time. on the first try . I have to to perform a Network Reset on my Roku. after I restart my iPhone X then cycle the hot spot on then off then on 

I have a simple Hot spot network name with no special letters of symbols after I turn my phone back on my I do the Network reset and then turn my hot spot on then off then back on

and put in the pw and it connects

I think the network reset is the Key and turning the phone off then on then turning the hot spot on then off then on also works 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ChiefKi92
Level 7

Jump to solution
This worked great! Thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Lake316
Level 7

Jump to solution

I found this thread while trying to solve my issue. My roku doesn't even find my iPhone 11 hotspot. The hotspot is working, my MacBook connects to it, but the roku doesn't even find the hotspot. It connects to my wife's iPhone 11 hotspot, and in the past it had connected to mine as well. Now when I scan for networks it doesn't ever find my hotspot. Any ideas?!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Sblair13
Level 7

Jump to solution
Thank you!! This worked for me as well 👍🏻
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Lynn84
Level 7

Re: Unable to connect to iPhone or update to 9.2

Jump to solution

Im having the same problem. Trying to use my I phone as a hotspot

0 Kudos
Highlighted
romstead
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have to reboot the tv by  unplugging it from all power then plugging it back in. as well as Re-booting my iphone then turning my Hotspot on my phone off then back on to get the Roku tv to find my phone's hot spot, Once and awhile I can just turn the Hot spot button on and off a few times then search for networks available again to find my phone's hot spot. Have you tried that?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
iskywalker
Level 7

Jump to solution

Works!! Thank you.!!!! I have the iPhone 11 Pro Max and was having this issue. Works great now! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Sh184229
Level 7

Jump to solution

This worked perfectly!! Thanks so much! 

0 Kudos