Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
klygeorge
Level 7

Re: Roku won’t connect to iPhone XR hotspot

Jump to solution

ive tried everything and it is still not connecting for me. I have an iPhone 8 plus

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Irene83
Level 8

Jump to solution
I have a 8 plus and no remote. Someone on here said to set back to factory settings. I made sure my home WiFi was off so it would not detect anything but my hotspot and I reset my Roku to factory settings. I also made my hotspot simple like the name is just iPhone and the password all lowercase and all letters. I was surprised that worked for me because I had tried everything. Hope this helps
0 Kudos
Highlighted
hleevue916
Level 7

Jump to solution
Hi,

I did a network reset and it works fine now. Hope this helps.

Settings>System>Advanced System Settings>Network Connection Reset
Highlighted
Abbygtz
Level 7

Jump to solution
Same over here I just started having troubles with it a few days ago, it was working perfectly fine before I updated to the iOS 13.1 version 😩
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Settings>System>Advanced System Settings>Network Connection Reset

worked like a charm. iPhone xr hotspot. iOS 13.1

thank you!

Highlighted
Fhutton720
Level 7

Jump to solution
Same issue how was this resolved? However my phone is just the iPhone X. Roku sn-yk00mw159424
0 Kudos
Highlighted
BlueBelle96
Level 7

Jump to solution
That’s exactly what mine is doing. It’s connected a couple of times but I can’t get it to connect now
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mossycam
Level 7

Jump to solution
Reset network and factory settings on roku. Reset network settings on iPhone. Connected once. Aggravating
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Bulls_Wife
Level 7

Jump to solution
Thank you for this tip as this is the only thing that worked!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
I'm having the same connection problem with my Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. I can't use my smart view feature or my hotspot which is US Cellular. It was not a problem a short while back but is now a continuous and super aggravating issue. If you have found a solution to these connection problems please update on this thread & thank you for the updates.
0 Kudos