Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Level 17

Re: Roku won’t connect to iPhone XR hotspot

Jump to solution

@paty_bn3 wrote:

OH MY GOD I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE AND I AM SICK OF IT!!!

had the iphone 7 plus prior to this one and the hotspot connected automatically with no problem, my husband's galaxy connects with no problem but I CANNOT CONNECT MY IPHONE XR. I honestly dont know what to do anymore. HELP!

have you followed any of the steps listed in the previous posts? It works for almost everyone. I have two different XR phones and my Roku players connect to them fine.

• Make sure your hotspot password is all letters/numbers, no special characters
  • On the Roku, do a network reset. This is in the settings/system/advanced system settings menu
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
paty_bn3
Level 8

Jump to solution

So guys, I pretty much had to change my hotspot pw to all lower case letters and numbers only, then I had to reset the network settings on my iphone:

1. Tap on Settings from the Home screen.
  2. Next, tap General.
  3. Scroll down to and then tap Reset to continue.
  4. Select the option to Reset Network Settings.
  5. If prompted, enter the correct passcode for your device.
  6. Then tap the option to confirm network settings reset

then I had to reset the network settings on roku:

1. System
  2. Advanced system settings
  3. Network connection reset

then I had to reconnect and reenter my pw, it asked me to restart the roku and I did that and it then connected. After connected I also updated the roku software.

Its working now Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

paty_bn3
Level 8

Jump to solution

hi, thanks for you reply. I did on my phone only at first and it didnt work, until I read a comment saying it should be done on roku as well in case it didnt work and I just did that.

Its working now

0 Kudos
mabvt
Level 7

Jump to solution
I did, simple phone/network name, no fancy password. It’s still not working. I’m in the same boat at the previous poster, my roku is rendered useless now after months of being fine.
0 Kudos
CLasashi
Level 7

Jump to solution
Omg thanks soooo much I had been doing everything for a week now I was even restarting my Roku but not through systems it now works for me again. THANKSSSSSS
0 Kudos
Leon15108
Level 7

Jump to solution
Just bought Roku Ultra. Trying to tether to XR. Cannot. The solution in thread requires you to get to a “Settings” screen but Roku out of the box forces you to connect to internet before you can get to any kind of Settings, AFAIK. So Catch 22. I only have tethered internet. Too bad. Older Premiere Plus works. Thread is 10 months old, same issue.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 17

Jump to solution

@Leon15108 wrote:
Just bought Roku Ultra. Trying to tether to XR. Cannot. The solution in thread requires you to get to a “Settings” screen but Roku out of the box forces you to connect to internet before you can get to any kind of Settings, AFAIK. So Catch 22. I only have tethered internet. Too bad. Older Premiere Plus works. Thread is 10 months old, same issue.

Do you have any special characters in your hotspot password? The Roku doesn't like those at all. But I can connect to both of my XR iPhones without an issue. Perhaps a firmware update on the Roku would help, but that would mean taking it somewhere you can use an alternate method of connecting to the Internet. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Jonjon101
Level 8

Re: Roku won’t connect to iPhone X hotspot

Jump to solution

I’m having a similar problem with both my iPhone X and my iPad Pro. Ever since iOS 13.2 came out I cannot connect to Internet with the Roku 2 
It will physically connect and say Wi-Fi connected no Internet available.

i’ve talk to Apple and did whatever was recommended on this forum. But the odd thing is I can connect other devices to my phone like a laptop etc. But the Roku will not connect

Apple thought possibly because the new phones and iOS 13 and above have made modifications to their software and it possibly Roku may need to make a software update in order to connect

lkb727
Level 8

iPhone XR hotspot wont connect to RoKu

Jump to solution
My iPhone connected one time to the Roku and it hasn’t since that one time. I have the iOS 13.2 on my phone. My husband’s iPhone has no issues connecting to it and he has the iOS 12 on his phone. Is it the operating system on my phone that isn’t compatible with the RoKu? If my husband updates the iOS system on his phone will it not connect?
0 Kudos
Leon15108
Level 7

Re: Roku won’t connect to iPhone X hotspot

Jump to solution
FYI I have IOS 12.4.1. And I cannot connect to my XR at all. Tells me to make sure pw is correct.
0 Kudos