Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not giving time to connect to hitwl Wifi

Been using Roku in hotels for years with no problems. For thw last week or so it won't give me time to sign in to the network. I will hit "I am at a college dorm or hotwl room" then go to connect on my phone. As soon as I get to the page to input the password for the wifi it goes to straight to the "checking" screen before I have 2 seconds to out the password in. Then it obviously don't connect and gors right back to the network connection screen. Very very frustrating!

11 REPLIES 11
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Not giving time to connect to hitwl Wifi

Tagging @RokuDanny-R , @RokuMary-F , and @RokuKariza-D 

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Davidtweiler,

Thanks for the post. I apologize for your experience here. I can understand how that may be frustrating.

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos

Thanks for reading through my typos lol. Pretty tired. In any case, I don't think this going to be solved as this has been happening for a week plus. The serial number is:

C43887611086

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Davidtweiler,

Thanks for the quick response.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you through email.

We appreciate your patience in meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Suggestion - in the browser you are using to establish the connection, see if clearing the browser's cache and removing any cookies for the hotel system allows things to complete correctly.   I'm speculating that a previous saved password is being automatically entered before you have a chance to do it manually.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
GoodFeather007
Reel Rookie

I’m seeing the same issue.  Using a roku streaming stick at a hotel.  

i used this roku stick last year at same hotel chain.   As soon as I click connect I saw the password via my roku stick and it went away.  Now every time I click on the hotel ssid it doesn’t show me the roku direct password anyone.  I have all my other devices connected.  I have unlimited plan.   There is no browser cache to empty.  I did a factory reset as the network reset didn’t help.  Now I can’t get device to activate.  

0 Kudos
renojim

@GoodFeather007, you shouldn't have tried the factory reset.  There's no way to activate a Roku device using hotel/dorm connect.  You'll have to use something like your phone's hotspot to activate it and then try the hotel connect again.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Arlamaen

Has anybody been able to talk to a person?

0 Kudos
GoodFeather007
Reel Rookie

I talked to the hotel resort IT support and they asked for my ROKU MAC hardware address to allow it until the end of my week stay.  

0 Kudos