Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pwc30253
Level 7

Not connecting to the interenet on my home network

Use ROKU on all three of my TV's and as of today all three are unable to connect to the internet on my home network.  All other devices in my household are working just fine and ROKU worked fine until today.  Was there some sort of update pushed to all ROKU devices that is causing this problem.  Would seem the case since all other devices are working and this has happened to all three ROKU devices in m house.  Any ideas?  ROKU support sucks big time as they will not talk to anyone.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Not connecting to the interenet on my home network

Did your Rokus recently upgrade to version 9.3 of its operating software? Find out via Settings > System > About. Many people are reporting varied problems since receiving 9.3, although it seems to have slacked off of late.

Have you tried restarting your devices? Settings > System > System restart. That may be all it takes.

If still no network connection, try to reestablish your net connection via Settings > Network > Set up connection.

If STILL not getting network connection, try restarting your router. I know this doesn't seem to make any sense when other devices are connecting without issue, but it has worked for me on several occasions. When it comes back up you may need to again restart your Rokus and set up your net connections again (I've had times when I needed to and times when I didn't).

Good luck.

Oh, and one more thing. If you DID receive the 9.3 update, go back into Settings > System > System update and do a manual update check. This will make sure any of your channels that need to be updated for 9.3 receive their updates.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos