Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beachfam

Not connecting to internet

Change my internet password and now my roku stick well not connect back up to my internet but everything else in the house does can you help 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Not connecting to internet

@Beachfam 

Try the simple troubleshooting steps first.

1. Restart both your Router and your Roku device.  (Settings/System/System Restart or Settings/System/Power/System Restart)

2. Reset your Roku's network connection. (Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Network Connection Reset/Reset Network Connection).  After your device automatically reboots during this procedure, you may have to press Scan Again a few times to refresh the network list in the Network Connection Screen. (Settings/Network/Setup Connection).

---

If the above does not work, post back with router model number and Roku model number (Settings/System/About).

Another test to determine if the Streaming Stick is at least able to connect to a network is to use a mobile hotspot if available to you.  If able to connect to a hotspot, helps narrow down to potential network setting issue that may need to be addressed in further troubleshooting.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102