Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Not connecting to internet

Roku express is unable to find my home connection but my phone is connected to the WiFi.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Not connecting to internet

Is this happening on initial setup, or was it working before and now is not?

Two possible issues:

Your Express is a budget model that has a single band wifi receiver.  It can connect to the 2.4 GHz wifi band but not the 5 GHz band.  Make sure your wifi router is not 5 GHz only, or if it is a dual band, make sure the 2.4 GHz band is enabled.

I have had problems on occasion where my various Roku models stopped seeing my local wifi network exists, even when other devices in the house have no trouble connecting.  I've been able to solve this by restarting the router. After the router comes back up, if the problem has not been corrected, restart the Roku (Settings > System > System restart) to start with a clean slate and try to reconnect.  This makes no sense to me and I don't understand why it would work, but it has worked for me.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos