Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daisy96

Not connecting to Mobile Hotspot

I’ve had my device for over a year now and it’s been fine.. suddenly it’s stopped connecting to my mobile hotspot or any other internet source.

I’ve done a complete factory reset and still nothing - I can’t even get it connected to restart the whole thing?!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Not connecting to Mobile Hotspot

Hi @Daisy96

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help. Do you receive an error code or message when connecting to the network? Did you try to connect the device to your home network or to the router? 

Furthermore, if the affected device is either a Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your hotspot is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.
If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet.

Keep us posted with the details.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Mercyme4

I am having the same issue.  Two days ago after a stormy day, all of our Roku devices stopped connecting to the internet.  I've done all non-pro steps in the articles several times but no joy.  I've tried both the Xfinity hotspot plus our own netwk.  A couple times it showed error code 14.30  It fails at "wireless connection" every time.  Tablets, phones & computers still stream when connected-- so it's not the router or signal.  Network speed testing seems fine now (Xfinity did some tweaks).  Multiple devices have the problem-- a TCL Roku TV, a Premier and an Express.  It's not a power surge (we got the whole house protector-- this is Florida, plus no issues w other devices now).  Thoughts?  Suggestions?  

0 Kudos
Mercyme4

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Mercyme4 

Have you verified that your router is set to use b/g/n Wireless Mode on the 2.4 ghz band?

Xfinity / Comcast → ( https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-wifi-mode-admin-tool-xfinity-xfi ) with a walkthrough ( https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Error-014-30-stuck-for-three-days/m...)

Restart both your router and Roku device after making the above change.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos