Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Not connecting to Internet

Our neighbors WiFi’s are popping up but area will not not even if we manually type it in. We have a 3920x

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

1Re: Not connecting to Internet

Thanks for supplying your model number -- wish everybody did this.

3920 is a Roku Premiere.  This is their budget 4K model that has a single band wifi radio that only connects to the 2.4 GHz wifi band.  If your router is set to only use the 5 GHz band, your Premiere will not see it.  If you can access your router's configuration options you can check/reconfigure this. 

If your router IS using the 2.4 GHz band, try this:

1. Restart your router (I know your other devices aren't having problems, do it anyway).
  2. Restart you Roku to clear its memory.  Settings > System > System restart
  3. Try to set up your net connection again.  Settings > Network > Set up connection.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Not connecting to Internet

it is not connecting to my tv is shows no signal on my tv screen

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

yes that is it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

@victor4 wrote:

it is not connecting to my tv is shows no signal on my tv screen

This has nothing to do with internet connection.  With no display on your tv screen you don't know one way or the other as to whether your Roku is connecting to the internet.

Your Roku must be physically connected to an input on your tv.  Do you have the output from your Roku connected to an appropriate input jack on your tv (HDMI for most models, component for Express+ if using component cables)?  Is your tv set to display that input?

Do you have power connected to your Roku?  Do you get a light on your Roku indicating it is receiving power?  

Is your Roku device powered by plugging it into a USB port on your television?  The ports on many televisions only supply 0.5 amp, which is not enough to power a Roku reliably. It is recommended that you power your Roku device via the power adapter that came with it, plugged into your house power. If you no longer have the adapter that came with your device, you may have another one handy that can be used -- just make sure the tiny print on it confirms it has a 5 volt dc output of at least 1 amp.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos