Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Not able to connect to internet

Not able to connect to internet.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Not able to connect to internet

same issue. started recently. Wifi connection fine but "cannot connect to internet"

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Yes, device was working fine then all of a sudden stopped. Now it cant find a network to connect; I've tried everything, have manually entered the network info and still no connection. What gives and I know that the situation has put the IRS in a bind but you are not the IRS Roku, please fix!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I am having the same issue.  Network is just fine.  Reset it to factory settings.  Set it 2 feet from router.  Clearly it's the roku box that is the problem.  Luckily I just bought mine so I am going to return it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@MMH37857 @wb2dyb @wonderwoman875 @Mdestein 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please provide more information about the issue that you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you having issues with? What specifically are you experiencing?

If you are having issues connecting to your wireless network, we would recommend checking out some wireless troubleshooting tips on our Support page here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Danny,

I have Roku Premiere device.  It was working fine the day before but then it could no longer see any wifi networks.  I did a factory reset and still did not see any networks.  BTW, when I set it up originally it could see my networks plus the networks of 3 or 4 neighbors.

I then discovered the "hidden screens" method (pressing home 5 times, press fast forward, play, rewind, play, fast forward).  In those screens it showed that it was connecting to my Access Point (AP) but the radio signals were at zero.  I tried resetting the AP, the driver, reloading the driver but nothing seemed to work.

I left it for an hour to go do other work.  When I got back to it, the radio signal would show signal for a moment, then drop, show signal, then drop.  I tried scanning for networks again and suddenly everything worked.

So far, its working again but I am very suspect that I may have a bad Roku box.  If it happens again, in the next few days, I will return and replace.

0 Kudos