Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Not Connecting to WiFi

My Roku isn’t connecting to WiFi but all my other device (Nintendo Switch, phone, computers) do. I have tried resetting the router and restarting the Roku. I also tried to move the Roku for a better signal strength but it just won’t connect.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Not Connecting to WiFi

I'm having the same issue (TCL 49S305 (Roku 5146X)). I noticed that it had automatically updated to version 9.3.0 (build 4182-8) just before this problem started. What version are you on and did it update recently?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

My Roku Premiere has stopped connection since the 9.3 update as well

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Same problem here. TCL 65S4 (7134X) with firmware 9.3 4182-30 that just updated yesterday. Have tried everything. All the usual restarts of router and TV. Factory reset of TV. Renaming WiFI networks. Changing passwords. Removing passwords. Nothing works.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Has anyone found a solution? Has Roku said anything? I’ve tried everything as well. To the point of, do I buy a new streaming device non Roku 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am having the same issue. Xfinity has been out twice and sending a higher level tech tomorrow.  It just started happening on mon.  I can’t figure it out.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

I've found that when I've encountered wifi problems with my Rokus I've normally been able to solve them by restarting the router. After the router comes back up, restart the Roku (Settings > System > System restart) to start with a clean slate and try to reconnect.

This makes no sense to me and I don't understand why it would work, especially since other wifi devices in the house connect without issue, but it has worked for me on several occasions.

Let us know how you make out.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

whatever you do, do not buy a new Roku! I had same problem with my last one so I bought a new Roku 2 months ago worked great. Now its doing the same thing. I"m probably going with a totally different set up. I will NOT recommend Roku to anyone.  THIS IS BS!  How disappointing. I can't even talk to a person. 

Highlighted
Level 8

I’m way past that. I’ve restarted, I’ve factory reset, reset my modem, had Xfinity run internal tests from their end. It’s the Roku. And It’s also the new model. I actually went and bought it yesterday because I was like maybe because my model is old. And no not the issue. Probably returning it today and I bought an amazon fire stick since Roku support is non existent. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Same. Returning mine to target today. Bought the fire stick. I’ll you know how it goes! 

0 Kudos