Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Calea0604
Level 7

None of my rokus are connecting

Please help none of my rokus are connecting. Wifi is fine

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AvsGunnar
Level 10

Re: None of my rokus are connecting

Basic Router/Network Configuration for Roku Devices (Wireless Settings)

2.4gz network band..... Radio Enabled/On, set Channel between 1-11, not Auto, 12, 13, or 14, Protocols/Mode set to b/g/n, Bandwidth 20Mhz.

5gz network band..... Radio Enabled/On, set channel 36-48 or 149-161, not Auto or any channel 52thru140, Protocols/Mode set to N/AC, Bandwidth 20mhz  or 20/40.

These changes are made in your router often through logging into admin panel or use of a router app depending on router.

Express and Premiere use the 2.4gz band, all other Roku models can use either the 2.4gz or 5gz bands of your network.

If you still have problems after verifying above, post your roku devices and your router model.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

Also, there have been a number of reports lately of people who have routers supplied by their Internet Provider having their router's 2.4 GHz band disabled by an update to the router software. They've had to have their Internet Provider re-enable the 2.4 GHz band, or in some cases swap in a new router.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Linda123k
Level 7

Here are the basic steps from the official support page. In general all connection issues are solved by following these steps : https://support.roku.com/en-gb/article/208755728 

0 Kudos
fkunc
Level 8

Assuming that they were working before, that your problem is that they won't logon to the network now and that you have access to your modem/router settings try this to test the situation:

Go to the wireless settings in your network (2.4 gig) and set the network security to unencrypted mode then see if you can log on or not.  Do this just for a quick test and don't leave it that way except for the test and change it back as soon as you are finished. 

If that works, look at your encryption settings and set them to AES (probably OK to use AES + TKIP as well but try AES first) and see that your passphrase for it is the same as the password you use to log on to your network, if not write the one in use down and then change it to your network password.  If that works your problem is solved,  if not then you are probably going to have to try a lot of things to find the problem.

FWIW, if your modem/router has a back up function for its settings then you should back it up before changing anything so you can always return to where you started if something goes awry and you don't know what change did it.

0 Kudos