Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

No wireless connection

I have 2 Roku ultra and 1 express, no changes to my set up and all of a sudden while watching one of the Roku ultras there is no internet connection. The express had connection and tried the other ultra and it worked for 30 seconds but quickly said no connection. Tried doing a reset on both and nothing. Still after a couple hours the express and phones still have internet connection but not the ultras. Any suggestions? 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: No wireless connection

I doubt it would happen to 2 Devices at the same time by chance.

What type of Router do you have? I suspect that is where the problem lies.

Did you throw your coat on it? Or Barf on it? (This happened to me once)

You should try to log into the 2.4 ghz connection rather than the 5ghz if you have both.

Probably some interference. let us know....

https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/bd-p/wired-and-wireless

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Started happening on both of mine since last week’s update. They’re saying no internet connection, even though my speed tests are fine and I’m using other wireless devices in the house with no lag. Was on chat with Roku for 90 minutes this morning. The only thing that’s working is unplugging my Rokus for a few minutes every time I want to watch TV, and then it’s fine until the next time I turn it on. Drops the connections again until I unplug it and wait. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have just had the same thing happen to my 2 rokus, yesterday Sunday 6-14-20 at about 8pm. Watching a show & it froze then said no internet connection. I checked other roku & same thing. Every other devise is connected no problem. Nothing has been moved or covered or changed. I have tried to re-scan both devices & they will not connect to the WiFi. They can find other networks, but not mine. I have contacted my internet, Spectrum & they don't see any problems. They have not updated/changed their systems. Any one have any other suggestions or ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I’m having the same exact issue. Does anyone have any recommendations??

0 Kudos