Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bgoist22
Level 7

No wireless connection for wifi

My Roku express will say no wireless connection but every other device in my house works completely fine. I have multiple and I tried other ones. None worked. I reset the Roku as well. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: No wireless connection for wifi

Hi @Bgoist22

Thanks for the post.

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Furthermore, please be advised that Roku Express is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to.

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No wireless connection for wifi

@RokuKariza-D wrote:

Furthermore, please be advised that Roku Express is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to.

Also make sure your router is using channels in the 1-11 range.  Channels 12-14, which are used in some regions outside North American are not supported by Roku.

I'd also suggest that a restart of the router (even if other devices are connecting without an issue), followed by a restart of the Roku will often enable you to establish a network connection on the Roku.

Doug
Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos