Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boya544
Level 7

No wifi access

I have the Premier plus. Was watching Netflix. Roku restarted by itself lost wifi connection roku does not see any wifi connections. Router is only 10ft. Away and I know router signal is strong. I can pick it up with my phone over 50ft away. Also I noticed in the settings my wifi Mac address is all 0's.
It does work with the ether net cable. But now I notice my original remote does not work. Only my phone app and IR remote works.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
renojim
Level 8

Re: No wifi access

"Boya544" wrote:
Also I noticed in the settings my wifi Mac address is all 0's.

That's not good.  The first thing to try would be to unplug it for a few seconds and then plug it back in (I'd disconnect the power and HDMI cable just to be sure).

If that doesn't work, there's some resets you could try from the "Wireless Secret Screen" that you access from the "Platform Secret Screen".  Using your IR remote (I don't know if the remote app will work), press Home 5 times and then FF, Play, Rew, Play, FF (FF, Play, and Rew are all in the same row of buttons, so go right to left and then left to right).  Ignore anything happening on the screen and try to complete the sequence within a few seconds.

The "Platform Secret Screen" should come up and you'll see the "Wireless Secret Screen" as one of the options.  Within the "Wireless Secret Screen" is a "Resets" option.  Maybe one of them will help.

Good luck!
-JT
0 Kudos
Boya544
Level 7

Tried everything you suggested but nothing Smiley Sad. I was thinking the wifi hardware is bad because I cannot even pair the original wifi remote. only IR remote works and I know you cannot have a MAC address of 00:00:00:00:00:00 never heard of any hardware with a MAC address like that.
0 Kudos
renojim
Level 8

If it's still possible, I'd exchange it.  You can try contacting Roku support, but they'll probably run you through a bunch of steps you've already tried.  If you go the support route, beware of all the scammers out there if you just do a web search for "Roku support".  Just use the link I gave and you'll be fine.  I think once you go through the initial questions you'll get a phone number to call with a foreigner on the other end reading from a script, but it will get you into the system and that person may offer a replacement.

-JT
0 Kudos