Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aaron3171
Level 7

No throttle bandwidth option that works makes Roku more expensive than Satellite TV

It seems that No throttle bandwidth option that works makes Roku more expensive than Satellite TV.  For some reason even the news is coming in at over 6 Mbps.  So, leaving the TV on while cooking etc. seems to be a big waste of money.  With my ATT DSL and Fixed Wireless Caps (all that is available for me), that doesn't allow much TV before I am paying overages.  There was a hidden menu at one time to change the bandwidth and now it seems that no longer works.  This seems like it would be a pretty basic feature.  Why does Roku not want us to be able to afford internet or be forced to buy routers with bandwidth limiters and learn rules to apply?  I started looking at some bandwidth limiting at the Router level and had mixed luck.  Sometimes the Roku seems to crash at times when not getting a good thirsty drink of all bandwidth available on the network.  I have many devices and I hate to think I made a mistake with Roku.  Maybe if there is more customer interest in controls like bandwidth limiting, scheduling, parental controls etc. available from the app or the website, Roku will come to the call.

Thanks!