Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DoggieDam
Level 7

No streaming on Roku for Unicef Concert on May 9

I cannot get streaming with my Roku device except for Amazon, Netflix and Hulu. Only the "big guys" seem to be able to use Roku. Roku said you get get to the Unicef Concert this evening but even though I put in a code to try to watch it on NBC News Now which was broadcasting it didn't work. It just said there was an error. There were a lot of streaming services that were supposed to be available for this concert but even though the organizers of the concert pushed people to Roku, Roku did not deliver. 

If streaming is the way we are going to live, why is it no possible to get anything but the "big players" to work on Roku. Is Roku an unstable platform? Is it just lying to us when it says you can stream these opportunities just to build up its brand. 

I really want to know because I have promoted them to people in the past who have good TVs but not necessarily a Smart TV because they always worked well. 

Now they don't work, they have zero customer support and are impossible to deal with!

Answers please.

DoggieDame

Doggie Dame
0 Kudos
1 Reply
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: No streaming on Roku for Unicef Concert on May 9

I don't know, but as a guess, might it have been available on The Roku Channel?
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos