Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
k_jones
Level 7

No internet for roku stick

I have a repeater that has a roku stick and a computer connected to it. The computer has internet on the 2.4G but the roju does not have internet on the 5G. this worked fine last week but now I have rebooted everything and cannot conect with the roku.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: No internet for roku stick

The regular Roku stick doesn't support 5ghz, I don't believe. I think you need the Stick+ for that.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 10

"jeffrok" wrote:
The regular Roku stick doesn't support 5ghz, I don't believe. I think you need the Stick+ for that.

Roku Stick 3600X here and it connects to 5ghz fine.  Note that it does not see ALL the possible 5ghz channels, so be sure your router is set to use one of the channels your Roku can use.  Maybe in your rebooting everything, the 5ghz router channel got changed. 

I can't find the posts discussing this now but I THINK these are 36-48 and 149-165.
Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi connected - Samsung UN55ES6100
Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi connected - JVC EM37T
0 Kudos
lion7718
Level 8

I know you said it worked last week, but are you sure your repeater is 5GHZ capable...not all are.
If it is, then reset the repeater & try again...sometimes they will lose the channel.
Roku Stick: 3800RW
Roku Stick: 3800X
Roku Stick: 3600X (Died)
Roku 1 SE: 2710X (Retired)
Roku 2 XS: 3100X (Retired)
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

just double-checked, and all Roku Sticks, all the way back to the MHL version, support 5 GHz wireless. But as mentioned, not all channels are supported. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
dgrace
Level 7

I think I'd look at both locking down your wifi channel, no using Auto, and also reserving whatever IP is given to your Roku to avoid it being bumped after devices are rebooted.
"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ
0 Kudos