Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

No connection to 5ghz

Jump to solution

So I just bought a Roku, model number 3930x Roku express. It only allows me to connect to my 2.4ghz wifi. It can’t find my 5ghz. All my devices can find both. Not sure what the issue is or if this model is capable of finding 5ghz? Thank you. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: No connection to 5ghz

Jump to solution

Express, Express+, and Premiere are budget models that only support the 2.4 GHz wifi bands.  All other current models have dual band wifi support and can connect to both 2.4 and 5 GHz bands.

You may be able to improve your 2.4 GHz performance if you hsve access to your wifi router settings.  Try changing the channel it is using to see if you can find one with less interference from neighbor's wifi, microwave oven interference, etc.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

Why do you need 5G? do you know?

2.4ghz is perfectly fine. Use it.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

my wifi isn’t great to begin with. The 2.4 is terrible, the 5 is decent. When watching movie it gets blurry and clear every few seconds. I have the same issue even with my phone when I use the 2.4. I have to use a wifi extender to reach my room so it’s not great connection to begin with. I had chromecast before and the 5 was better than the 2.4. So my question is, is this model capable of the 5 or not? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

Express, Express+, and Premiere are budget models that only support the 2.4 GHz wifi bands.  All other current models have dual band wifi support and can connect to both 2.4 and 5 GHz bands.

You may be able to improve your 2.4 GHz performance if you hsve access to your wifi router settings.  Try changing the channel it is using to see if you can find one with less interference from neighbor's wifi, microwave oven interference, etc.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post