Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

No amount of resets is enough

I've got to say, I'm really disappointed in my new ROKU brick. So, I guess it is a firmware update? OR SOMETHING? Based on many suggestions from support articles, I have: 

Contacted Spectrum and done so many resets that there's no possibility it's a problem from there (and the other many many devices we have are fine)

Completely reset my ROKU

WELL GUESS WHAT? If this is firmware caused, how is ROKU going to be able to fix it if my ROKU is offline because of the reset? It doesn't have my wifi password anymore because it's been reset, so there's no way to fix this that I can tell. 

Spectrum guy was really nice and gave me a lovely phone number to contact ROKU. A number that says due to covid they don't have phone support. That's junk. Due to covid there's probably a lot more USERS of ROKU and probably a lot more income to ROKU to support handling things remotely like every other tech company out there has done? 

Instead, I'm repeatedly sent to this forum where clearly no one from ROKU is responding, just a bunch of people giving their opinions and having no solutions. I really liked Roku and thought it was a pretty snazzy product for what it was. If there were support, I'd even consider buying another device in the future, but without functional support, it looks like I'm going to have to go back to the drawing board and find another device... preferably one that isn't going to automatically brick itself.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: No amount of resets is enough

Ask Spectrum for a new modem.  I don't know why, but that has solved the problem for several people.

0 Kudos