Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoLar
Level 7

No Signal

I had an interruption of service and now have No Signal. I have checked and pulled out my Roku stick and plugged in...nothing. Changed batteries in the remote. Still No Signal. Now what? I looked at others who have this issue and see no answer.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
JosieT
Level 7

Re: No Signal

I have this exact same issue.  I have a Roku Streaming Stick +  any suggestions?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Since you had a power interruption, I'd first suggest checking the power outlet to see if it's live. A breaker might have tripped. If there was any sort of power surge, it's possible the Roku power supply was affected. Are you getting any power indication on the Roku? I believe they all have a light somewhere on the case. Do you see the dancing Roku letters when you first power the Roku on? Naturally, make sure the TV is on and the correct input is selected before you power the Roku, so you can see if the boot is starting. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
JSB1
Level 7

I also have the same issue. I've powered the Roku on and off, swapped HDMI cables, swapped HDMI ports, unplugged and replugged the ethernet cable that connects it to my modem/router. Nothing makes any difference. 

0 Kudos
atc98092

@JSB1 wrote:

I also have the same issue. I've powered the Roku on and off, swapped HDMI cables, swapped HDMI ports, unplugged and replugged the ethernet cable that connects it to my modem/router. Nothing makes any difference. 

Same question: do you see the dancing Roku letters when you first power the player on? If so, then it's attempting to boot. But if you don't see the boot screen, the player has likely died. 

Dan

0 Kudos
JSB1
Level 7

The source of the "no signal" message on my TV screen is the television itself, not the Roku. As far as my TV is concerned, the Roku device isn't HDMI-connected to the TV. So no dancing Roku letters... I get the same message if I select my Blu-ray player as the source, but the player isn't powered on. I would be more inclined to think that my Roku device had broken if so many other people were not having the exact same problem today.

0 Kudos
atc98092

@JSB1 wrote:

The source of the "no signal" message on my TV screen is the television itself, not the Roku. As far as my TV is concerned, the Roku device isn't HDMI-connected to the TV. So no dancing Roku letters... I get the same message if I select my Blu-ray player as the source, but the player isn't powered on. I would be more inclined to think that my Roku device had broken if so many other people were not having the exact same problem today.

Yes, I understand that. But when a Roku boots it's in a basic video state that will show on the screen as long as it's functional. It you never see the boot screen (the dancing letters) then the Roku has likely failed. 

Dan

0 Kudos