Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephanie29
Level 7

No Signal on TV

I recently got a new TV for the living room, so I moved theTV that was in the living room to my bedroom. When it was in the living room, my Roku stick (3500x) worked perfectly. I am trying to setup the Roku stick in my bedroom and I keep getting a black screen with "no signal" when in the correct HDMI port/input on TV. I keep getting the blinking white light on my Roku stick as if it  will not connect to wifi. However, my wifi signal is good and all other devices are connected fine (laptop, phone, work laptop, etc.).  Can someone please help with this issue. I really would rather not get a new Roku (as that may not even fix the issue).

0 Kudos
2 Replies
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: No Signal on TV

I don't believe a lack of a wifi connection would keep you from getting any signal to the tv.  I think it should still give you the user interface and tell you that there's not network connection.  (I expect if that's not right somebody will jump in with a correction.)  Does the set have another HDMI port you can try?

I had a similar problem when relocating a tv and hooking things back up.  It turned out that one of the pins in the HDMI port on the tv got bent back and won't make contact.  There may be a way to straighten the pin, but I haven't managed it in the cramped workspace in the port.  Fortunately I had a second port available, but there wasn't room for the stick unless I added a right-angle HDMI connector between the stick and the HDMI port.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
Stephanie29
Level 7

Re: No Signal on TV

Thank you so much for the feedback! I ended up purchasing a new Roku device and it works perfectly Smiley Happy

0 Kudos