Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beef717
Level 7

No Internet connection

I have a ROKU Ultra that will not connect to the internet.  I have tried various wireless settings using 2.4 and 5.0Ghz networks, I have tried every conceivable configuration, to include setting up guest networks with not security and the result is always the same, the ROKU will connect to the network but says no internet connection. I have 20 other devices connected and can stream through the television, the problem is not on the network/router side.  I have also tried using a wired connection, including 2 different brand new cables, same issue.   What are my options short of returning this brick, since I can’t seem to find the receipt? ... and before you give me an amateur unprofessional try restarting it response, I have followed all of the error code trouble shooting procedures. And yes I tested the wired connections with another device and was able to stream from Hulu, Netflix, and Disney+ with no buffering or issues. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No Internet connection

Is your ISP Spectrum?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Beef717
Level 7

No, my ISP isn’t Spectrum. I use Double Dog, which is a fixed broadband wireless Internet service.  It just doesn’t make sense that the ROKU is the only thing that doesn’t work. We even tried connecting it to a different TV, just to rule that out as a possible cause, but the results were all the same.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Have you tried using a phone as a hotspot?  I know that's not a solution, but it may tell you if it's a problem with the Roku.  I mentioned Spectrum because one of the strangest fixes I've seen here was that getting a new modem from Spectrum fixed a lot of "can't connect to the Internet" problems.  I would have bet money that the modem had nothing to do with it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos