Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

No Internet connection

My Express was working perfectly until a few days ago but no longer connects.  The unit is about 30' and two walls away from the router and connects to the Internet when placed next to the router.  I can connect other WiFi devices up to 50' from the router.  I am unaware of any changes.

I have changed cables, power supplies, reset and rebooted too many times to mention.  The error code is 014:20.  The router shows it is not connected.  The platform search reports the temperature as 82 C, CPU speed 1000 Mhz, 900 mV, IP 0.0.0.0 and the correct SSID.  Last update check was yesterday.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: No Internet connection

Check your router settings to see if the Wi-Fi channel is set to auto.  If so, maybe it changed its channel and for whatever reason the Express doesn't like it.  If it is set to auto, try changing it to 1, 6, or 11 and see if any of those work.  Even if it's not set to auto, try changing the channel.  Maybe a neighbor got a new device that is causing interference on the channel you're using.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Renojim, thanks for the suggestion but I tried that already.  It had been set to auto and 6.  One and 11 did not help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

That's too bad. You can try the suggestions from Roku, but you've probably tried them: https://support.roku.com/article/208755728-what-should-i-do-if-i-cannot-connect-to-my-home-network-o...
0 Kudos