Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: No Internet Connection on device

im having this same issue- started last night after having this roku for 2 years. says there is a wireless connection but no internet? i have factory reset my tv, restarted my router, disconnected all of my devices, and contacted roku support. they told me to contact my internet service provider. i have had the same internet for over a year with no issues from this tv. roku will not help me. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

One thing I can recommend if you haven't done this already, is doing a factory reset on the devices.  I had to do this on both of my streaming stick+s before my internet connection issues were resolved.  Also I started having periodic buffering issues on YouTube TV and when I checked the "stats for nerds" I saw my connection was solid and fast, so why the buffering?  I also saw a periodic message to exit to check my internet connection or to set it up yet it was still solid and fast so what was going on?  I found out my Sharp Roku TV, which was on ver 9.2.0, was trying to update to 9.3.0 but had issues.  I forced the update via the system menu and then powered down the TV and up again and all Roku devices are now working fine as well as YTTV.

Best I can tell all Roku devices talk to each other as they are on the same network so if one is having an issue it seems to affect the other devices.  Maybe someone from Roku can confirm this?  I base this on observing the behavior of my Rokus and my network over several months.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Same issues (error code 9) and just started today. Restarted router and Roku. No change. Logged into my router and entered Googles DNS servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) into the router settings, overriding my service providers DNS servers. Started working perfectly.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Internet Connection

✅ wireless connection

⭕ internet connection

Same problem as everyone else and did everything on the troubleshooting list and still a no go...

Is this a roku issue and need get a new one?!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Glad to hear that helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Have you done a factory reset as well?  I would contact Roku if you have and all else has failed to resolve your issues.

Highlighted
Level 7

Having the same issue as everyone else, thought my roku had reached the end of it's life so bought a brand new one. Same problem. Changed my DNS address per the above post, no change. 

This seems like a pretty common issue and Roku has had months to resolve it, and hasn't. Guess its time to switch to Fire Stick.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Error code 016

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Error code 001. Did all the troubleshooting.  Everything else works in the house thats connected to the internet. Obviously something needs done on your end!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Well my roku tv was working fine until it started action funny this morning I was getting ready to turn on my TV and all of sudden it sent me a pop up thing saying it was unable to connect and this is my first smart TV this year so please if you could help me It won't connect to my wifi smhIt won't connect to my wifi smh

0 Kudos