Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Internet Connection

Hello i am having this exact same problem and have rebooted/restarted numerous times and even done a factory reset. the tv can see the wireless fine but then no internet, which sounds like a gateway issue. i am will ATT so can not reset my DNS via the router page. please help!

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Internet Connection

Hello - I am having the exact same issue. Error code 009 when wireless. But connected to my wireless network! 

I have tried all troubleshooting steps on this link - 

https://support.roku.com/article/208755728-what-should-i-do-if-i-cannot-connect-to-my-home-network-o...

This is a TCL Roku TV. All other devices on my network work correct including other Roku Sticks! This TV has been working fine from when I bought it Nov 19 to just this week. Now it refuses to connect Smiley Sad.

Solution please?

thx
Brett

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: No Internet Connection on device

We're having this exact issue on all 3 of our Roku devices.  2 of them are brand new.  I have replaced my entire home network as of today and they're still doing the same thing.  I am 100% of the opinion that this is a Roku issue.  One they need to resolve quickly.

Highlighted
Level 7

Hey @RokuDanny-R --

We are having the same issue as everyone else in this chat. Box is checked for wireless connection but internet connection does not work and goes to network connection help screen. 

We get a 009 error and have been reading all the comments about it. We have a AC1200 Dual Band Wifi Router (R6120) at our apartment and are able to use cell phones/ tablets/ laptops fine so wifi is working as expected. My question is how do we get that internet connection box to check so we can use our TV. 

Please advise. I don't need any information on your website or other links because I have been on all the blogs and no one seems to know why this is happening. 

[personal information removed]

Thanks!

Stay Safe

Jay

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@jayroyjunior 

Thanks for the note.

What Roku device model are you having issues with?

That error code usually indicates that the device is connected to your wireless router, but it is not connecting to your internet. We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

We would also recommend reaching out to your wireless router provider to see if there is a setting that is preventing your Roku from connecting to your network.

For more tips about troubleshooting that network error code: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Keep us posted with what you find out. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Roku keeps posting the same help links over and over and over and we keep telling you it doesn't fix it.  There is something wrong with either the hardware or software on these devices.  Listen to your customers!

Highlighted
Level 7

Having the same issue, roku "Not Connected." Can't change any roku settings because I can't access it. Router settings haven't changed. All other devices are working and connected. It has worked fine for 2 years and stopped working yesterday. I have tried every suggestion, restarting roku, router and remote. I have also tried changing wifi broadcast channel all to no avail. 

Model: 3810X

SN: C13878533325

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

richo -  I also have 2 3810Xs (streaming stick+) and my issues started with one once it was updated to vers 9.3.0.  Check to see what software version your on (settings, system, about) and I'll be it's 9.3.0.  I was able to revert mine back to 9.2.0 and it corrected the issue but now my other one was updated and having issues and there is no longer a way to go back to 9.2.0.

I've reported to Roku but all they say is that they are working on it and will address it in a new release.  Not sure why the moderator in this forum cannot give all us customers an update and ensure the bug fix is escalated due to the number of people all of a sudden reporting connection issues.

Highlighted
Level 7

Interesting. I don't know what version I have because I can't get to system settings. My remote won't connect so I'm stuck on the home screen. 

Thanks for the reply 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Shouldn't the remote connect to the stick even though the stick isn't connecting to the internet? When you connect a new stick it isn't connected to wifi until you put in your wifi settings which you do using the remote.

0 Kudos