Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: No Internet Connection on device

Error code 009

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Bg2 

Thanks for the note.

That error code usually indicates that the device is connected to your wireless router, but it is not connecting to your internet. We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

Try taking a look here for more tips about troubleshooting that network error code: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Keep us posted with what you find out. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Internet Connection

My error code is 018

0 Kudos
Highlighted

This happened last night and again tonight--after working great for two months. I connect to the internet but then it disconnects. I've tried resetting the router & medem, Roku, and the Roku network settings--but nothing works. Everything else on the network works fine.

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would first start off by checking out our Support page regarding devices that are connecting to the internet here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

It would also be helpful if you can provide us with any error codes that you are seeing so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Caseyrevans1983 

Thanks for the note.

This code occurs when your Roku device detects slow internet speeds. Check with your ISP to determine what speed connection you subscribe to. You may want to consider upgrading to a faster connection.

For more information about error codes regarding connectivity, visit our Support page here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@alwaystanning 

Thanks for the note.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Sorry, but speed is not an internet or network connection issue. I consistently have 300+ Mbps internet and no other devices have had any issues.

I have had Roku for about two months now and it has been working fine until two days ago. If I clear the Roku network settings and also reboot Roku I am able to log in to the network. But then almost immediately it displays NO NETWORK and if I try to connect again Roku cannot find any of the many available networks in my area. I have also tried connecting to other networks but the same thing happens--so it is definitely not my network (and I have not made any recent changes to it anyway). I need to be able to return this Roku or get a replacement somehow. I am a cordcutter so this or amazon stick is my only option--and I am close to switching if I cannot get help from Roku.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Code 009 has popped up on my Roku. I am connected to wireless but not internet. I have restarted both Roku and modem and it still doesn’t work. 

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@ChasidyJ 

Thanks for the inquiry.

That error code means your Roku device is connected to the router, but not able to connect to the internet. If your computer has an internet connection and you still see Error 009, restart the Roku device as well as rebooting your router.

Try taking a look here for more tips about troubleshooting that network error code: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I was on Netflix last night until about 9:30 pm.  This afternoon, Roku stopped recognizing out wireless network.  Like others, all the other wireless devices in the house were working fine.  I rebooted the Roku several times...no connection.  I reselected the network and put in the password again...no luck.  I unplugged the Roku, waited a min to reconnect and restart...no luck.  I finally resorted to restarting my cable modem and wireless router (which was working fine for our other non-Roku devices anyway), but no luck.  I left the Roku on for about 2 mins and it finally connected.   Definitely a Roku software issue.