Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: No Internet Connection on device

@bubbasan @richo 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model and serial number
-wireless router brand and model
-have you rebooted your wireless network and Roku device?
-have you tried connecting to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are able t connect to your device?

Once we have this information, we will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I bought a new remote and it is now working. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

richo - glad to hear you were able to resolve your issue

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

-Roku device model and serial number - 4230X (4E756g080898), RokoTV (YK00U0891693), 3920RW (YH000L477828), 3920RW (YH00GY284358).  The 4230 was the first to start this issue, months ago.  Bought a 3920 to replace it.  No change.
-wireless router brand and model - ASUS RT-N66U, replaced with Deco M9 Plus.  Same issues.
-have you rebooted your wireless network and Roku device? I bought a new router. Changed the SSID and password multiple times.
-have you tried connecting to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are able t connect to your device? I don't have one available.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

This may help.  Yesterday my 2 Streaming Stick+ & my Roku TV all had issues connecting to the internet.  When I checked my connection speed Roku was reporting 0-6 Mbps.  I have 100 to the house and Netflix usually reports 80+ easily.  I tried rebooting all devices including my cable modem (Motorola Arris) & WiFi Router & WiFi extender which has always cleared any WiFi connection issue.  No dice.  My internet speed to my router was 100+ (because of channel bonding) so no issues there.  So what was the cause of my issue and maybe yours as well?  I needed to change my DNS settings on my router.  They've always been set to the default which has worked for ever - until yesterday.  Here is what I did:

Replace the internal DNS address with a public DNS address. What worked was using Google’s public DNS. So set DNS1 to 8.8.8.8 and DNS2 to 8.8.4.4

Once I made the changes and applied them all of my Rokus connected without any problem.  The issue was only with my Rokus as all other WiFi connected devices worked just fine.  Something to look into if you haven't already.

Highlighted
Level 7

@BoltsFan  thanks for sending this. 

Anyone knows how to do this with a sky router ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I agree this is a Roku issue and not an internet issue. Mine and my daughters roku just started doing this. Never has happened before until this past week. I have plenty of high speed to run them plus other devices. This is very frustrating because I have to restart my router which has to kick everyone off of the internet in my house for what ever other device they are using. This is a major inconvenience. 

Highlighted
Level 8

100%

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Internet Connection

Thanks for the tip! It's very odd, but it worked. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Danny, that doesn't work (reboot router and roku). What are next steps? And don't tell me to go read some stupid article.