Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

No Internet Connection on device

About a week ago my Roku stopped connecting to the internet. When I “check my connection” it says I have wireless connection but no internet connection. My signal strength is excellent but my download speed says 0Mbps. I’ve ran several speed tests and verified with my internet provider that my download speed is where it should be (5Mbps). My phone, tablet and laptop all connect fine but not the Roku. I’ve reset both my router and my Roku device several times and nothing works. I even tried a different Roku device and it had the same issue. 

Can someone please help.

thank you 

60 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: ROKU player problem

I'm unable to connect ROKU Player to the internet.  Could anyone help, please.   Thanks so much!

Level 7

Re: Internet Connection

I'm having the same exact problem 

Highlighted
Level 7

hello, i been having the same problem! somebody please help!

Highlighted
Level 7

I'm having the same issue.  The only difference is my signal strength is poor.  I know it's not my internet service, I am able to stream from an iPad in the same room.

Highlighted
Level 7

There are other posts around this issue and Roku provides possible steps to take. What I’ve found is that I have to take the irritating step of rebooting my modem and router. It doesn’t make sense since everything else on my WiFi (including other roku’s) are functional. I’m not familiar with details of how a router works but am guessing the router loses its ‘recognjtion’ of the roku and the reboot re-establishes. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Having problems with Roku not connecting to the Internet. All other devices are working with Internet service.

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would first start off by checking out our Support page regarding devices that are connecting to the internet here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

It would also be helpful if you can provide us with any error codes that you are seeing so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Highlighted
Level 7

Thank you.  That seems to have done the trick!  Never would have thought of it since everything else was working just fine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: No Internet Connection on device

It is happening again. No internet connection on Roku. Other devices are connected.

0 Kudos