Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dyera767

New wifi and remotes that don't work

Hello! My Roku Express Remote has not been working plus my Roku TV Remote in another room hasn't worked in a while. My family has used the downloaded ROKU App to access streaming however we needed a new router for our internet so now the Roku Express and Roku TV are not on the correct wifi to access streaming. Since the remotes don't work we can fix settings and the app won't connect to the Roku Express or TV because they are on the old network that doesn't exist. Would it be recommended to buy new a Roku TV remote and nee Roku Express? Please advise.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New wifi and remotes that don't work

If you can configure the new router to match the old router (same SSID/network name and password) the Rokus should connect and you can go back to using the app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
brhxud

stupidest **bleep**ing app on the planet it doesn’t work like that i have the same router from my old house and it still won’t connect

0 Kudos
brhxud

literally my exact problem and roku is retarded as **bleep** and has no way to fix it 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Bhxud

Thank you for the inquiry!

I'd be delighted to look closely to see how we may assist you in getting started. Do you receive an error message when attempting to connect to your wireless network or when streaming a specific channel?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried re-connecting your Roku to a solid wireless network to see if that helps resolve the issue you are seeing? You may also try to connect to an alternate wireless network, such as another mobile phone signal typically provided and maintained by specific mobile phone (cellular) service providers, to see if you are experiencing the same issue.

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos