Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rcody

New router, new problem, no luck

Got a new router and have read the community posts. It’s still not connecting. How do I contact someone to help me? I didn’t find contact info for someone at Roku. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New router, new problem, no luck

You can try https://support.roku.com/contactus , but to be honest your best hope of getting help is to give all the details here.  There are several people, users like you, here that are more than happy to help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @rcody

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern? 

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ececlwb

I have the same problem, Roku says has wired connection and internet, but apps like Utube, won't open...  that blue circle just keeps going around in circles...  Every once in awhile I get an error 16.  Nice to see a new router doesn't solve the problem, that was where I was at, buying a new router... couple $100's, plus hours setting up and resetting all of my pc's, ipads, phones, tv, ac, cameras.....   I've recycled everything a dozen times, including the Roku (including holding the off button for 30 sec's....), replaced cables.  Doesn't work wired or wireless.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.  Larry

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@ececlwb 

What is the Roku model number, your old and new router model numbers, and who is your ISP (internet service provider)?

The fact that it is not working with ethernet is a bit concerning.

If you have a mobile hotspot available to you, can you connect your Roku device to it. (first try on 2.4ghz band, then 5ghz band).

Also, how is your network setup.  Do you only have one router in play, or are you using both an ISP modem/router and a second router (this new one)?

Need a few more details on this one if you can.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos