Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

New modem/router, ROKU doesn't see/can't find my network

After many months of good satisfaction with ROKU, our router/modem died. We replaced it with the current Century Link high speed wireless model. Internet connection is working and the new modem was renamed with the name of my previous network. The computer sees the network under its' new name.

Now: the ROKU Choose your network screen does not see my network under either the old or the new name. The scan again, private network, and factory restart options have all been tried with no results. 

Is there any way to fix this? I have enjoyed my near one year with ROKU to date. My thanks in advance for any assistance.

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: New modem/router, ROKU doesn't see/can't find my network

@jet008sff Did you hear from ROKU?  If so I would love to hear the response.

Highlighted
Level 17

Do you see the new SSID name on your smart phone? or another computer.

Are you sure your broadcasting wifi?

"The computer sees the network under its' new name.

Now: the ROKU Choose your network screen does not see my network

seems contradictory....
You dont need to set up a private network. It si a mistake to make settings

you dont really understand the ramifications of.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
Highlighted
Level 7

Never did hear from ROKU. Boo!

I contacted Century Link tech support and found that despite changing the network name the ROKU device was still looking for the network under the original Century Link name. Once the proper pass phrase (NOT the password) for the modem was entered, the ROKU saw my network and things are all back to normal.

Good luck with your concerns.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

My new Modem was found by Roku, and connected...but, roku doesn’t acknowledge any channels, including YouTube. Where do I go from here ?  Thank you in advance for your suggestionsSmiley Wink

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

https://channelstore.roku.com/browse

What exactly are you seeing on the screen?

go to Home.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos