Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrs01993
Level 7

New Wireless Connection Issue

Bought a new Router and hence have a new wireless connection that I need to connect my Roku to. I understand the steps for Settings > Network > Wireless > Set Up new Connection and all that jazz. My issue is in the middle of these steps my Roku kicks me out and goes into the "Roku" screen where the Roku name is scrolling as if it is experiencing connection issues. It kicks me out every time and I am unable to set up the new connection, any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: New Wireless Connection Issue

Its not clear from your description whether its rebooting showing the "dancing" Roku logo letters or the Roku Logo Rain screensaver is kicking in.

Try turning off the screensaver temporarily:  Settings/Themes/Screensaver wait time=disable screensaver

Make sure you have your Roku powered with the supplied USB AC adapter and NOT with the TV's USB ports.

0 Kudos
jrs01993
Level 7

@StreamerUser The Roku is powered with the AC adapter. The screen that is popping up is not the scrolling cityscape with all of the movie references, but rather the screen with the big "ROKU" letters that bounce up and down when you are experiencing connection issues. I can't stay on the Roku menu for any longer than several seconds before the letters pop back up and kicks me out of whatever I'm doing.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Its definitely rebooting.

Try a different HDMI cable, HDMI port, and/or TV and see if it behaves the same way.

Otherwise it may be overheating, so let it cool off for 30 minutes and try again.

If it still does it, try a factory reset:  power it on and hold the reset button for at least 30 seconds (45 preferably).

0 Kudos