Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lgb0250
Level 7

New Streaming Stick buffering?

Just picked up a new Streaming Stick today and am having extreme buffering problems. Have tried two different networks and have lowered from 1080 to 720 with no help. Switched to the Streaming Stick from an Amazon Fire Stick because of the power and volume control and now I find this problem. Very rarely did the Fire Stick buffer. Any and all help appreciated since I have two more of these being delivered tomorrow. To clarify somewhat, I have updated the firmware to 8.0.1, build 4069. Internet connection is 60/6. After updating I still have the buffering problem and on top of that the picture fluctuates from crystal clear to blurred and fuzzy back to clear, etc, etc, etc. the blurred picture didn’t start until the firmware update.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: New Streaming Stick buffering?

You might need an HDMI extender cable for your Roku.. TV might be causing interference.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Lgb0250
Level 7

Re: New Streaming Stick buffering?

Updated firmware to 8.0.1 Build 4069. Reset the stick and it seems like it is working properly now. Thanks
0 Kudos