Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

New Roku with error code 014.40

Hello. 

i recently purchased a Roku express + for a projector I bought that does have compatibility. I hooked up the Roku and it will not allow me to connect to my home router, it keeps showing error 014.40. Yes I know the password and yes I reset the router and the Roku. I tried to connect with my hotspot and it did work, but this is not a long term solution. I need it connected to my router. However, after connecting to my phones hotspot it asks me to update. So I did and then it brings me back to the beginning. Choosing a language and choosing a WiFi. Did the same thing over and over agin and it will not work and I want it connected to my home router. Since this is my first time setting up the Roku I’m able to do nothing else on it but select a language and keep failing at getting a WiFi connection. 

thank you for any help. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: New Roku with error code 014.40

@Kaitlinshumaker 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express+ is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. If your router is broadcasting a 5GHz spectrum, your device will not see the network which would explain the behavior that you are currently seeing.

Please keep me posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: New Roku with error code 014.40

Thank you for the help! How do I figure that information out? 

0 Kudos