Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

New Roku not connecting

We are in the uk

We have had a new Roku express for a couple of weeks working fine, but in the last two days not connecting/finding home WiFi. Our other older Roku express working fine. Have tried on two TVs, so unplugged power and other cable, have turned WiFi on and off again but no joy. Also invested in a WiFi booster but makes no difference. The light on the front flashes white continuously - have we got a duff stick?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 19

Re: New Roku not connecting

I've run into this here several times.  This has always worked for me:

• Restart your router (even if other devices have no problem finding and connecting). Sometimes that's all it takes, if not keep going.
  • Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart (for a Roku TV it's Settings > System > Power > System restart). Again sometimes that's all it takes, if not keep going.
  • Find and connect to your network via Settings> Network > Set up connection

If that doesn't fix it, try disconnecting the power to your Roku for a few seconds.  When it comes back up, see if you then can set up the network connection.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Level 21

Re: New Roku not connecting

Also, make sure you're using a 2.4GHz channel from 1 to 11.  I don't know if any Rokus support a higher channel and since one Express seems to be connected I would think you're already using a supported channel, but just check to be sure.

0 Kudos