Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

New Roku express won’t connect to internet during setup

**bleep** got a Roku today and doing the steps but I have bell fiber and it finds my internet but says my password is wrong but clearly is not bc I put the same password on my phone it works and looked up the password on the modem by pressing the password button and all is good plz help

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: New Roku express won’t connect to internet

@Nikko 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device. Alternately, I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network or mobile hotspot.  If you are able to connect without issue, this usually indicates an issue with your network or password. In that case, you might also try changing your network password (avoid using any special characters from your wireless network password) to see if that resolves the connection issue. 

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

New roku device

Setting up my new roku. It will go to the internet page. After I enter the password a smaller screen comes up says checking wireless connection and internet connection. Both have a green check beside them. But nothing will proceed after this... its stuck.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Trouble connecting to internet

I have 2 green checks for my wireless connection and internet connection but the top says checking and has been for over a hour, is this normal? This is a brand new roku express 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Trouble connecting to internet

@Jgonzales1985 @Justinrichard19 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device. Alternately, I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network or mobile hotspot.  If you are able to connect without issue, this usually indicates an issue with your network or password. In that case, you might also try changing your network password (avoid using any special characters from your wireless network password) to see if that resolves the connection issue. 

Keep us posted with what you find out. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos