Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tekmyster
Level 7

New Roku Updates

The new roku updates have been causing the network connections to stop working for me when they are using the ip range 10.80.200.0 /24  i have not tested any other subnets as of yet, however 192.168.1.0 /24 seems to be working fine.  the real issue is that the error message is so generic that it seems like a hardware issue, when it is just not receiving an ip address.  I almost got rid of 4x of my Rokus i have and went looking for an alternative.  i also took my roku 4 apart possibly causing an issue with the thermal pads thinking it was a hardware problem.

I recommend a writ-up outlining the issue and fix in detail to avoid other users from becoming as frustrated as i had.  luckily i was able to find a solution once my roku stick stopped working and i tried diagnosing the issue with a network cable on my old 4.

Geek 2.0
http://tekmyster.com
0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 16

Re: New Roku Updates

That's an interesting address range to be using. Have to ask: is this a residence or something larger? There's certainly no typical reason to use that address range for a single family residence. Unless your really, really want to be using a range that someone might not think is being used.  Smiley LOL
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos