Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

New Roku Stick can't connect to the internet

I have a brand new Roku Stick+ which refuses to connect to the internet.  I have one already installed and working fine on one TV, and I am now trying to make a second one work on a different TV - it refuses to connect to the internet - I get Error Code: 009?  I have done a factory reset, I have rebooted my home network several times, and still no luck.  The Stick connects to my home network fine, and I can see via my router admin login, but it just wont connect to the internet.  Everything else in the house is connected fine!  Any suggestions please.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 10

Re: New Roku Stick can't connect to the internet

The first step I would take is try turning on your phones hotspot (assuming you have it) and see if it can connect that way..

Also check your routers error log for clues.

While in the router, see if your router is broadcasting from channel 11 if not set it to 11.

Lastly what connection did. you try both 2g and 5g?

You can try connecting to your router by temporarily turning off the security and not requiring login info.

One last thing, assuming you have a computer what OS are you running, there is a way to spoof your Rokus mac address on your computer, then connect to your router from the computer, in which your router will cache your Roku as a previously connected device and assign it an ip.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Hi - thanks for the various suggestions.  

The problem was the Router broadcast channels for both 2g and 5g; the router was setting the channels itself (a so called 'Smart' router!!).  

Clearly if devices like these Roku sticks are programmed to expect a certain network broadcast Channel then it probably ought to be something that is at least part of the help facilities; at present the help simply says start again!

Its working fine now.

0 Kudos
Level 10

Glad it worked out.

If the answer was correct please mark it as so for future reference, cheers!

0 Kudos