Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bobcal
Level 7

New Roku Express won't connect to WiFi

After selecting the network and carefully entering the password multiple times,  Roku gives a 014.40 error and won't connect to WiFi.  I have re-booted the Roku and modem, individually and separately several times.  The Roku is less than 3 feet from the modem and has a strong signal.  Where do I go from here?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: New Roku Express won't connect to WiFi

Couple of things come to mind as possibilities.

Several people have reported problems establishing wifi connection if the net password contains non-alphanumeric characters.

You can actually be too close to a router such that the signal is strong enough to overload the electronics.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Bobcal
Level 7

My password is only letters and numbers.

I have moved the Roku futher from the WiFi modem so the signal goes from all five "arcs" to only four.

It still will not log in.  Could the Roku be defective?  Is there any other test I should try?

0 Kudos
NICHOLE16
Level 7

Did you figure this out? Having same problem. Network extender? Just bought the express and won't connect. My old one still works though. But wanted to upgrade so I could get HBO.

0 Kudos
gtrjytkuy
Level 7

Several people have reported problems establishing wifi connection if the net password contains non-alphanumeric characters.

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1
0 Kudos