Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MMA
Level 7

New Roku Express Won’t Connect Even When Swapping for Device That Does.

Trying to set up new Roku Express on different TV in my house (already have on 2 others). Won’t connect to WiFi. Have double checked password, restarted, restarted router. Tried swapping out new Roku device on TV where previously working. New device won’t connect; old device fine. What should I do? Thank you!

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New Roku Express Won’t Connect Even When Swapping for Device That Does.

Try Settings->System->Advanced system settings->Network connection reset.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Aure
Level 7

I have done all of this. Now what? Is Roku even attempting to figure out the issue?

0 Kudos
MMA
Level 7

@renojim wrote:

Try Settings->System->Advanced system settings->Network connection reset.

Thank you. Is this something to try on one of the working devices? If not, how do I get to Settings when I can't get beyond the connect to wireless process? I'm unable to reach Home, which I think is where this would be.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@MMA, sorry, I should have noticed it was a new device (it was late at night).  That's more for devices that suddenly won't connect or have already been connected to Wi-Fi.  For new devices the advice is to try a different network just to get through the initial setup.  Connecting to a phone acting as a hotspot often works.  Otherwise, the only other thing I can think of is to temporarily change your Wi-Fi password to something simple.  In the past I've seen posts about problems with special characters in passwords, so something simple might get it to connect initially.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MMA
Level 7

@renojim wrote:

@MMA, ... For new devices the advice is to try a different network just to get through the initial setup.  Connecting to a phone acting as a hotspot often works.

How do I connect to a phone acting as a hotspot? Thanks!

0 Kudos