Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MMA
Level 7

New Roku Express Won’t Connect Even When Swapping for Device That Does.

Trying to set up new Roku Express on different TV in my house (already have on 2 others). Won’t connect to WiFi. Have double checked password, restarted, restarted router. Tried swapping out new Roku device on TV where previously working. New device won’t connect; old device fine. What should I do? Thank you!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: New Roku Express Won’t Connect Even When Swapping for Device That Does.

Try Settings->System->Advanced system settings->Network connection reset.

0 Kudos
Aure
Level 7

I have done all of this. Now what? Is Roku even attempting to figure out the issue?

0 Kudos
MMA
Level 7

@renojim wrote:

Try Settings->System->Advanced system settings->Network connection reset.

Thank you. Is this something to try on one of the working devices? If not, how do I get to Settings when I can't get beyond the connect to wireless process? I'm unable to reach Home, which I think is where this would be.

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

@MMA, sorry, I should have noticed it was a new device (it was late at night).  That's more for devices that suddenly won't connect or have already been connected to Wi-Fi.  For new devices the advice is to try a different network just to get through the initial setup.  Connecting to a phone acting as a hotspot often works.  Otherwise, the only other thing I can think of is to temporarily change your Wi-Fi password to something simple.  In the past I've seen posts about problems with special characters in passwords, so something simple might get it to connect initially.

0 Kudos
MMA
Level 7

@renojim wrote:

@MMA, ... For new devices the advice is to try a different network just to get through the initial setup.  Connecting to a phone acting as a hotspot often works.

How do I connect to a phone acting as a hotspot? Thanks!

0 Kudos