Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sourdough
Level 7

New Member: Roku will not download

I am a new member and new to a Roku and need assistance if possible.

I am staying at a timeshare facility so purchased a Roku Express + so we could stream Netflix.  When setting up the Roku it connects to the internet supposedly, giving me green checkmarks in all 3 boxes.  After a moment it comes back and says it could not load the software update and gives an error code 003.  I fiddled with it for 2 hours or more last evening and was going to take it back today but thought about trying here first.

I think the issue may be the tiered sign in they use here.  I select the network and put in the password assigned for this facility and it works - I get the 3 green checkmarks.  At that point, with my laptop, another screen comes up and asks for my username and password to access the "streaming" network that I paid an additional fee for.  I don't see that the Roku has the ability to get me to the 2nd screen - it wants to download the software after the 1st password instead of loading the 2nd browser.  Does that make sense?  Is it incapable of that kind of access?  Thoughts are appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos