Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TeoFabi

Network says connected but apps won't load content

Jump to solution

I have 2 streaming stick 4K devices in 2 different rooms. Both connect to an Orbi wireless router.  After a router issue the other day, both Roku devices weren't working. As part of my troubleshooting I unplugged the power for 1 of the streaming sticks. I eventually got the router working again and the Roku works fine on the TV I did NOT unplug the stick.  But on the TV where I did unplug the stick I can not get any apps to load content.  For example, if I open the Roku Channel I get the msg "Failed to load content".  Similar issues with any of the other apps I try.  When I check my internet connection under Settings, it shows it is connected to my Orbi wireless router and says signal strength is excellent.

Then when I do "Check Connection" it starts to go through the steps and on step 2 I get the "network connection help" popup.  I select "I am at home" and then it goes through the checks to connect to the internet.  It returns a green checkmark on "Wireless connection" and "internet connection".

I've been going around in circles like this. On the one hand it says it is connected but when I do the "check connection" it has me go through the connection process again.  I have restarted the Roku stick using the menu option and I have also unplugged it  but I am still in this cycle.

And my other Roku stick is working just fine (on the TV where I never unplugged it in the 1st place).  Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Network says connected but apps won't load content

Jump to solution

I'd start with this, all four steps, in this order:

1. Unplug the Roku.
  2. Unplug the router.
  3. Plug in the Roku.
  4. Plug in the router.

See what happens with that.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
DBDukes

Jump to solution

I'd start with this, all four steps, in this order:

1. Unplug the Roku.
  2. Unplug the router.
  3. Plug in the Roku.
  4. Plug in the router.

See what happens with that.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
LadyTLW

Jump to solution

These steps did not fix the issue. Not sure what to do now

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@LadyTLW 

Provide a description of what's going on. Can apps be added? Will they launch? Will they crash after launch? Will they crash after a video is launched?

Imagine we're on the other end of the Internet and can't see what's going on. Describe it, and avoid words like "every" or "all." If a situation of multiple thing is applicable, list three of such things (apps, episodes, movies, etc).

DBDukes

0 Kudos
pattiz3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Internet connection is excellent.  My laptop works with no problems.  I can turn on my Roku and see all the apps I downloaded.  When I click on the Roku app or any other app that I have downloaded, it comes up.  When I click on a program in that app I would like to watch it clicks like it will start but then immediately goes back to the info page of the program.  I tried Settings, check Connection and it states the connection is excellent.  Not sure what is wrong.

0 Kudos
pattiz3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I unplugged it, waited a minute, plugged it in, hit the reset button on the bottom of the unit and it is now working.  I guess I should have tried that before I posted it.

0 Kudos
EZPLAN2

Jump to solution

TRIED SOLUTION BUT STILL WOULD NOT WORK

0 Kudos
pattiz3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I unplugged the Roku, left it unplugged for about 1-2 minutes. plugged it back in and it then worked.  Good luck to you, I hope this works for you 

0 Kudos
banditrob

Jump to solution

I have same issue.  Says I have internet and network but how do I launch the internet.  I want to launch movies on youtube on the internet.  Go in circles.  I have full access and excellent strength.  Don't know how to choose the internet to launch it.'

0 Kudos
banditrob

How do I launch the internet>

Jump to solution

Good strength. Says Internet and network connected. Don't know how to launch the internet on the tv.  Everything is working great but can't find option to go to the internet on my tv.  HELP.

0 Kudos