Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Estebanc
Level 7

Network password conection

I restart my wifi router, and my roku express reconice my network, but doesnot alow my password.  Another issue is my wifi have 2 networks, one of 2.4ghz and one 5ghz and only alow me to use the 2.4 the other network doestnot appear, even if i try to do it manually. But at the moment i dont have conection.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Network password conection

@Estebanc-

I see two issues.

Wifi connection stopped -. Do you have Xfinity as your internet provider? If so, your problem may have been caused by a recent update to many Xfinity-supplied routers:

Xfinity users report the router configuration needs to be switched back to b/g/n security. If you don't have access to your router settings, you may have to request Xfinity to do this for you.

5 GHz wifi not being found -  Roku Express/Express+ (not the relatively new Express 4K/4K+) and Premiere/Premiere+ are lower end units with single band Wi-Fi radios that only support the 2.4 GHz band. They, and many other devices of all sorts that are 2.4 GHz only, can't even see the 5 GHz band, !et alone connect to it. If you have one of these Roku models and a dual band router with both 2.4 and 5 GHz bands, be sure the router's 2.4 GHz band is turned on.

Within the 2.4 GHz band, Rokus support channels 1-11 as are used in North America. If your router supports 2.4 GHz channels outside this range make sure your router is set to use a channel in this range and that you aren't using an auto setting that could select channels outside this range.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Network password conection

What do you mean by "does not allow my password"?  Is there an error message?  What's the model number shown under Settings->System->About?  Most of the Express models only support 2.4GHz and only channels 1 through 11.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos